View Single Post
Old 2014-01-06, 04:13   Link #453
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, I've had the game for a little over a week now, and I'm almost done with Chapter 4.

There's a few shoutouts to VC1 and call forwards to VC2. So far, I'm liking the story better than VC2 - the smaller cast also helps that alot, although I still haven't figured out how to make other characters squad leaders and so get that extra 1 CP per mission.

Storywise... darker, more grim. More serious. Still has funny bits, but... well if you thought the Gallian brass were assholes in the earlier games, you ain't seen nothing yet.

What I do like is that you can change classes at any time, and the Potential table is interesting: each character has 8 potentials to learn. 4 are Character-specific potentials, the other 4 are combat potentials. 3 potentials are learned as part of your class, the fourth can be any other potential you learn, and if you fulfil certain multiclass criteria, you can get super potentials. For instance, having a Character who has ground out to be a Scout Veteran and then an Engineer Veteran allows them to unlock a potential that refills their AP when it runs out. Quite interesting.

Sadly, however, it seems that you're limited to only one example of an enemy ace weapon drop (or so it seems), so you can't really farm early aces for good gear. -_-

It is well worth whatever money you spend on it - of that, I have no doubt.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote