View Single Post
Old 2018-04-18, 19:32   Link #9
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A pretty good episode and one that does push things forward. This could be a crucial development for Okabe. He does need some pushes in order to push ahead. Curious how his interactions with this artificial Kurisu will shake things up.

Kind of amusing seeing this Amadeus trying to hook up Okabe and Hiyajo.

I also wonder if the different answers to the question about time machines was in regards to the different timelines or something lacking in this simulation of Kurisu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Okabe's "different timelines" explanation seems plausible.

One big difference between the two is that in Alpha timeline (which is what Okabe was comparing Amadeus/Kurisu's response to), Suzuha failed in her initial mission, got amnesia, and thus there was never a John Titor.

In Alpha, Kurisu rejected the idea of a time machine before seeing one herself. In this timeline, however, she's receptive to it and even dreamed up a working theory for one. I think it's because she was influenced by John Titor's shitposting when she was small.
Imho you need to differ the two Kurisu's from one another.

When AI Kurisu says she thinks it would be too hasty to say that, then it doesn't necessarily mean Human Kurisu would say the same.

There are also a few other things to consider:

Theory time:

- If my memory serves me right, Kurisu had an argument with her father/step father right before her lecture. It would fit her character to make statements based on that later on. - However the AI never had that argument, hence answered differently.

- AI Kurisu will think differently than the human one because, no matter how similar they are supposed to be, AI Kurisu's thought processes are still less limited than Human- Kurisu's are.
Yes she is a copy of Kurisu's brain waves, but at the end of the day, she is still an AI, that wants to learn new stuff.

So, imho what the AI 'thought' about it didn't matter to 'her' at that moment. What mattered more was to see where this conversation was going and why she was asked that particular question to begin with.
So she choose an answer that would, most likely, not bar her from completing that objective.
i.e she got curious and might have lied.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2018-04-18 at 20:21.