View Single Post
Old 2006-04-09, 17:33   Link #184
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh lawd, SOS Dan strikes again. 8)

This show never fails to impress. I am amazed at how much movement they've managed to stick into practically every scene. At first it's just a regular people walking and talking, but then Kyon starts getting into arguments with Haruhi and they manage to show an ungodly amount of mimic and facial expression, but when Haruhi finally starts SOS Dan, why it goes above and beyond the call of duty. Every single frame has something moving.

I am afraid to learn how many key animation shots they used for a single episode.

The montage work is first grade as well. This gets especially apparent in those scenes with Kyon and Haruhi where KyoAni does a constant switching between those two to produce a very startling effect. We never pause on any of their faces but their expessions change every time, producing an amazing scope of emotion from both character.

Wow... just wow!

And the music is so fitting as well (I mean the BGM). And I always feel so weird looking at Haruhi's eyes. The way they've drawn them... you know, it was as if they've used this semitransparent multilayered glass effect to show different hues and colors. I can believe those eyes were actually drawn, not rendered, they look so alive and real (while staying in the anime convention).

Oh, and poor Mikuru... and poor everyone that gets in Haruhi's way when she sets her mind on something. And the hilarity of the "moe scene" and Kyon thinking about what day of the week it is based on Haruhi's haircut. 8)))

The full-frame ending was even better than before. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote