View Single Post
Old 2004-05-31, 22:03   Link #2
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

--------->

And another question... As a lot of people know, you started writing Berserk when you were in college... and finally it's been animated and people can see the world you've created. You've mentioned it earlier, but tell us how you got a chance to publish Berserk.
I tried to get Berserk published by Hakusen Publisher.

Get it published?
Yes, in Japan, a cartoonist would write a cartoon of about 25 pages... and send it to a publisher. And if they picked yours, it would be a series in the magazine. And fortunately, I was picked. The publisher liked Berserk, so I would be able to make Berserk into a series. Usually, those first ideas always seemed to have something special.

I see. And this is the last question. Berserk is a huge success in the U.S.
Thank you very much.

Berserk fans abroad are very happy. If you have any messages to the fans in the U.S...
Actually I kind of have a question. What do Westerners think of this fantasy world created by an Oriental? Many of us Orientals feel that the fantasy worlds created in Hollywood... or believed in by Westerners are more genuine fantasy worlds. And I think Berserk is strongly influenced by Western culture. I'm trying to create something from what I learned from the West. So I'm curious about what people in the West think of Berserk. That's my question to the fans in the U.S. I hope they like it.

I'll make sure to tell Berserk fans in the U.S.
Thank you.

Pictures of Kentaro when he is drawing

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-05-31 at 22:15.