View Single Post
Old 2004-06-28, 14:05   Link #24
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by thund3rcat
Predictable but good ending nonetheless, Midori (big version) is so less annoying but will mostly likely turn into the hand version as their relationship progress. 7/10 anime, 13 episode was the perfect length for it, I don't know how many more times i can stand the ultimate turn off "Seiji-Kun,Seiji-Kun."
I'm just glad they didn't "end" with the usual shonen romance anime cop-out where the male lead suffers from terminal indecision and things go on the same as they have before to leave open the possibility of a second season. Although I can't believe Seiji didn't at least tell her he liked her, Midori deserved a reply after having the guts to tell him that in her normal form. And since they're together at the end anyway why not have him say it?

I agree about the length, I think 26 episodes of Midori saying "Seiji-kun, Seiji-kun" over and over would have killed me. Midori is just way too single-minded, it makes her character two-dimensional. She reminds me of Aoi-chan from Ai Yori Aoshi, another character I don't like. It was also painful watching Midori's mom suffer knowing that Midori's perfectly happy as Seiji's right hand and wishing things could stay that way forever--it just made her character much less likeable to me. In the end, I think the anime could have been better, but at least it wrapped everything up at the end.