View Single Post
Old 2011-05-24, 03:39   Link #1
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
syn's fiction repository

syn's fiction repository

Welcome to syn's fiction repository, the place where I put good stories that you weirdos on this fine message board might enjoy reading. This is essentially the place I'll be posting non-fandom related fiction of my own devising--in other words, this is all original work. No derivative works are posted here. Larger projects, short stories, vignettes, all of it goes here. Feel free to comment in this thread--it is absolutely a discussion thread as long as the discussion remains related to the stories posted here. Just don't flame anyone, especially not me.

---

Binary System

Fourteen hundred years from now, humanity has been scattered among the stars, forced off of the homeworld Earth by a mysterious and hostile alien force known as the Gray. It is Diaspora Era 997, nearly a millennium after humanity became a people without a planet. In this grim future, the Solar Alliance renews their struggles against the Gray, plunging into deadly battle with the eventual goal of retaking Earth.

Alisa Pierce is an elite starfighter pilot, newly promoted and placed within the celebrated 703rd Hyperspace Assault Wing, a group of hotshot pilots who take on the most dangerous missions. Rin is an artificial intelligence operator, linked to Alisa through a direct connection that allows them to share thoughts and emotions as one. Over time and through unusual circumstances, Rin has surpassed other AI and achieved a degree of independence and emotional awareness so complete that she and Alisa have fallen in love.

Together, they must overcome prejudice, fundamental questions of what makes a person and face the fears of humanity as they fly and fight to defeat the Gray and restore humanity to its former glory--all the while being caught up in intrigue and a conspiracy that threatens to destroy them both.

~ an excerpt from Binary System ~

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2013-05-29 at 01:01.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote