View Single Post
Old 2009-09-23, 13:44   Link #30
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I thought it was pretty obvious from the get-go that Ace's execution was meant to be the bait to lure out Whitebeard. For too long the government has been made out to be a bunch of fools (since Roger's execution, more accurately) so yeah, their victory in this war is meant to prove to the world that WG are the ones calling the shots, not the pirates. That's why I still believe that even if Ace doesn't die, Whitebeard will. In a way, you could say that he's the embodiment of the current age of piracy now that Roger's gone. As I've said in several past threads, his death would literally symbolize the end of the current era, and will make way for the new age......
I disagree. The purpose of all of this was to execute Ace, and to end the blood line of Roger, and any chance that Ace would follow his father's footsteps. They were willing to go to war with Whitebeard to do so, as Sengoku pointed out. It was never about Whitebeard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I have to wonder...
Is Gol D. Roger's execution like this?
Roger was executed in his home town of Logue Town. It wasn't anything like this.