View Single Post
Old 2009-07-24, 04:43   Link #149
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Again, that's not the point. I never responded to that quote, I began a discussion with you on your response after that one. Also when I began talking about specific elements I had thought that the genre talk was dropped because I've been making general statements about solely genre's. Hence your quote.
Like I said, what you quoted was me still talking about specific elements. I only brought in genre's to prove my point about specific elements. I was still on the subject of specific elements. So in effect you did respond to quote even if you think you didn't.

Quote:
I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm just pointing out that you've misunderstood me from the beginning. You're implying that I was being specific about genre's when I wasn't, I was merely referring to them as descriptions. I got more specific when you began speaking of character development and such so I figured the whole genre talk was discarded.
Okay this I don't understand at all. What do you mean when you say you weren't being specific about genre's? You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I'm strictly speaking of genres.
Now apparently I misconstrued that and I think I can see that now but i just don't understand what.

Quote:
If that's your point then I disagree here. The show's purpose was not defeated by realism. The show's purpose was largely family and hope, correct? Well the miracle gave Tomoya the opportunity to turn away from Nagisa and hope that she never suffers again or talk to her and take the risk of facing adversity again. Tomoya chose the latter so this is where your fantasy element (now I'm being specific and I hope we're on the same page) helps provide your character development. Without the miracle, Tomoya still regrets ever meeting Nagisa. Hence why he cries every time he thinks of her.
Okay I have a lot to say here but I think it's best if I take it one at a time.

Actually the miracle occured AFTER all that development occured.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote