View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 23:26   Link #503
Betteroffer

Well I'm certainly late in replying but here I am nonetheless.

I have to agree with Wing Zero Alpha in regards to much of this alternate history being too farfetched for me. Beyond the issues of "how" that he raised, I also feel a need to ask "why" on several topics, as well as a few other questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Well, about C.C head chopped, I read a lot of different stories, for example in the "nightmare nunnally" comic she was burned alive like "witch".
Another fact, a code owner with head chopped can revive if someone fix the head to the body, but I believe more of the murderers just wanted the code, then for survive, the code pass to the first human available.
If I'm understanding this right, then it still leaves the question of why C.C. took so long to get rid of her Code if decapitation would still kill her. As well, if it will move to another person of its own volition, then wouldn't it do so when she was burned at the stake? Decapitation may have been merely (very heavily) implied but her being burned at the stake was explicitly shown happening.

Quote:
About the example of Horatio Nelson, britannia noblemen founding fathers just built that city-state in Canada to lick their wounds, then America colonization worked like we know.
So in your version, the betrayal of Benjamin Franklin and the American colonies losing the revolutionary war was just a part of Charles "rewrite" of history?

Quote:
For how V.V used the collective unconscious without C.C, the explanation isn't ended there, in chp 4 the rest, however I could explain better, united states changed in britannia empire, then, and using charles geass + collective unconscious, the world accepted it without investigate (that sort of things) but for brainwash and control billions of people, the power had to be MORE and MORE, then C.C.
Now we come to the bulk of my concerns. First of all, why would Charles rewrite history to make Britannia an "Evil Empire" and near global pariah nation, when he had already made Britannia so beloved and respected (even if it was through Geass) that he could influence China's government and make everyone get rid of nuclear weapons entirely? At this point, why not just ask to be allowed to search for and excavate the Geass ruins? He'd probably still need to use his Geass here and there for further "persuasion", but they apparently left the city of London untouched in the show. If he was able to rewrite history, then why not do so to further expand the amount of love and respect people had for Britannia?

If I'm guessing on the latest preview page, then Rai was the one who ordered the SAZ massacre at V.V.'s request. Assuming from the art, that he has a Geass similar to Lelouch's as in Lost Colors, then this only adds to my above query of why Britannia bothered making war, when a Geass like Rai's and Lelouch's would have let them control people much more effectively, be it the Imperial court or foreign leaders. In fact, why not hook Rai into the World of C like Charles did to alter history, but instead have him make the world get along or at least not oppose Britannia in its completion of Ragnarok?

On that last note, why would Charles be so disbeleiving of Lelouch using his Geass on the World of C, when Charles had done precisely the same before?

Finally, there is the issue with the Geass Canceller. Jeremiah was using it all across Tokyo in order to free any soldiers and workers that Lelouch may have used his Geass on, when he happened to Cancel Shirley. In regards to Charles' "rewriting" history around 1991, and assuming that they just shifted the "A.D." to "a.t.b" then wouldn't anyone over 30 be Cancelled as well, and then wouldn't people around 40 and above start making a fuss about the bizarre mass hallucination of an entire alternate history?

My long list aside, the chapters were still fun to read, with Elizabeth snuggling Lelouch being my favorite scene, and with any luck, you already planned to address my concerns in the next chapter, as with Wing's. I'm interested how all these revelations will bear on Suzaku, given that Euphemia's Geassing wasn't even done by Lelouch (unless Rai was sadistic enough to Geass Lelouch to Geass Euphemia) and that Rolo, someone Suzaku is indirectly responsible for getting put in Ashford, killed Shirley.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote