View Single Post
Old 2010-03-20, 14:55   Link #6193
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
Financially independent in high school?
To a certain degree. I think high school kids should at least have jobs before they start dating seriously. Kinda puts a dampener on things to have to ask mommy for your allowance before taking your girlfriend to the movies, you know? (Not having a hundred million plus debt would also be a bonus, but if we didn't ignore that, Hayate wouldn't be able to date until his 40's, so...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion
So a heater isn't a piece of furniture?
Technically, it's an appliance, not furniture...

Quote:
So you're willing to take him at his word for being so in love with someone he knew ~ten years ago for a few months, and only a few nights recently vs girls he's known a minimum of four months recently?
Why would I think I know the character better than he does himself? He obviously gave it some thought and weighed his feelings for her against the feelings he had for those girls he'd known for a few months, and concluded that he loved her more than them. (Nagi excluded, natch) Whether or not you think it's logical is ultimately immaterial in the face of what Hayate himself said. Even in this chapter, he told her he loved her in the present tense. It was Athena who put it in past tense.

Quote:
And there's nothing wrong with this picture, like realizing people change and mature over time, which Athena makes sure Hayate notices. And she focused him on the physical side, while the other girls ignore his 'poor-looking face' and are still attracted to him.
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, but might I point out that most of the things that made the girls fall in love with Hayate were things Athena taught him? He was always "nice", but she taught him how to be strong and gentle at the same time, and awoke the desire to protect people within him.

This means that Athena fell in love with him when he was a weak crybaby, whose default position when he saw a girl being attacked was to run away. So if you're talking about physical appearance, it was Athena that saw past his negative exterior and recognized the good in him long before any of the other girls had even met Hayate.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote