Thread: Licensed Elfen Lied
View Single Post
Old 2004-12-17, 22:47   Link #1098
Icehawk

Quote:
Anyway I'm not arguing about technicialities here, I just think you shouldn't judge what Lucy has done and the theme of the series with too much thoughts about human morality and legal issues.
I have watched the series twice now and I simply cannot feel any other way for Lucy. She did not commit her murders from instinct, she did it because she was angry at the world and thats that is made quite clear. Its physically impossible for me to sit their and just say to myself, "Oh no, Its perfectly OK for all those innocent people to die because its her INSTINCT to kill, oh yeah."

Also as side note while its on my mind, NOTE EVEN all animals are allowed to be just let off on violent instinct either. Dogs just for example are almost always ordered to be put down if they attack out of nowhere at innocent people.

EDIT: In the end, as I said way back earlier, I do not hate Lucy and I do sympathize and feel sorry for the pain she went through while younger, I do not wish her to die. But her selfish and unnecessary killing of Kouta's sister and father, and those other innocent people who had nothing to do with her, is not something I can ever simply ignore or accept as reasonable. She's a sentient intelligent being and as such she cannot be let off on the excuse of "killing instinct" because unlike an animal she has a choice and she knew that blindly killing people was wrong.

Last edited by Icehawk; 2004-12-18 at 03:01.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote