View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 13:44   Link #29300
Lady_Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
There's pretty much no doubt that Yasu was raised female, regardless of her original sex.

I tend to think that Yasu's real name was "Sayo Yasuda" with the blessed name of "Shannon". We learned that Shannon's (first) name was Sayo, in EP2 I think, and in EP7 we learned that Yasu's name was really a nickname from shortening her last name of "Yasuda" to "Yasu".

Basically, I tend to think that to the rest of the world "Yasu" and "Shannon" really are just two different names for the same person. "Shannon" to the young Yasu, though, was an ideal person she strived to be, and one day decided to let her human self become, while letting her Yasu self become a witch. But, again, to the outside observer it was always the same person (who perhaps just started to suddenly stop being so clumsy).
oh! now it makes sense.. then, you mean Yasu always looked like Shannon does?
But how come people just completely stopped calling her Yasu one day? the scenes from 1976 showed that sometimes they called him by the name Yasu (if I remember correctly...), but on 1986 no one refers to her even *once* as Yasu. as if there's no trace for the name (which makes you doubt whether they are really connected).