View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 22:54   Link #94
Iron Maw
Banned

Episode 4:

Pretty solid and fun watch this week.

This first episode since the premier where I felt that weren't any really glaring problems with execution. The content itself was okay, with most interesting parts dealing with Kirito and the PK system. I what found particular intriguing was how Kirito's defense works, I guess with "Battle Healing" he has no need to change his armor to one with a higher stats. Though, had there been a player with a similar level or higher it probably wouldn't be as a effective. It also raises questions about what sort meta-game SAO has among the top players.

As far issues with the episode are concerned, I could have done without loli pandering especially since it was kinda of over the top. I also had a problem with plot development being at a virtual (pun not intended) standstill. Yes we get background info that the denizens are clearing floors, but nothing interesting (not even a hint or foreshadow) has happened to drive the narrative. At this point I'm starting to wonder if most episodes are just going to be "KiritoxRandom strangers then episode finish" till Floor 100. =/

But anyway, nice episode in general. 8/10

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-07-28 at 23:04.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote