View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 19:19   Link #11701
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Alright, I guess I used a bad Pokemon Analogy. What I want from Zenkichi is for him to not reach top tier(that's medaka and everyone else remotely important in the arcs the story goes through generally exceptions would be like the student president election one), no, that's too high a jump from his place in the Medakaverse right now. It's like telling a cat to explode and then transform into a Tiger and actually be dissapointed/shocked that it something that absurd didn't happen. No, all I want is for him to be useful. Any style that allows him to contribute to the overall welfare or success of the group's mission instead of just calming Medaka/other deadly female when furious down when she goes berserk every odd while. And channeling captain obvious every odd while. Maybe kicks that could break through walls or healing, or Evil eye that knocks out abnormals/Zeros/anyone of your choosing(person reading this) that's all. I put the legendary pokemon there because well..everyone from Kuma to Medaka to Iiihiko is well above that level and it seems like you have to be there to fight in that league, not well maybe but at least survive 2-4 shots and land decent damage to enemies above assistant body gaurd of the 2013th body gaurd.

Zenkichi is like the guy in this video.

He struggles with grunt level opponents. I find that unacceptable for someone in the main group. He may not be the best fighter but come on. True they are Medakaverse level grunts so to be fair they are pretty strong but still if he's got no strength, then go for skill or strategy, healing or long range fighting become a freaking wizard or something. It just sucks that it's taking so long for him to figure out where he's meant to be on the power chart. And great, I'm ranting again..Ugh.
I think it's fine to rant now and then. Your complaint isn't unheard of and it isn't completely ridiculous.

You simply want him to be more useful when it comes to a combat scenario. Of course, it's hard because Zenkichi is a "normal" guy(who can run up buildings but you get me).

But, hey, he did improve intellectualy.

Remember when he cracked Medaka's code, like, instantly? Something the resident genius, Naze, couldn't do right off the bat?

Maybe he just felt a physical improvement wouldn't have been as effective than an emotional/intellectual one. He was getting stronger to beat Medaka, and his victory over her definitely didn't involve beating her to a pulp.

Regardless, as long as Zenkichi dosen't get a plus or a minus and becomes over-powered through those, I wouldn't mind to see him, and other characters, become more useful in combat, since Medaka is pretty much the only one who fights the villains nowadays(again...ugh). But, again, I think that won't happen. Mostly because I think nishio likes that Zenkichi is weak, and his strenght comes more from his will-power and decisions than actual power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus
Wolfenstein, those pictures aren't showing up. Is this a problem on my end or your end?
Ah, that would probably be my end. Let me see if I can fix those:

Spoiler: