View Single Post
Old 2008-02-12, 03:20   Link #87
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
There's the romantic spectrum of the show as well, I suppose. Novel material or not, Kazumi's role has been cheapened in that she hasn't been given a way to be more involved in the 'love triangle' after her declaration of war in the last season. Rather than just having an annoying character for people to hate, I thought it might be poor handling of a character on the part of the producers instead.
The 'romantic spectrum' in this season thus far has been garbage. In fact, there hasn't been anything remotely romantic this season worth noting outside of Tanaka and Ogata. When the first epsidode resets the character development of the entire season that came before it, well that's just a clear sign that they don't have a bloody clue what they're doing.

I was so happy to see where Shana and Yuji had gotten before that I end up mad and frustrated at the constant failed attempts of 'romance' that were thrown at us at the start of this season. I lost count of how many times Yoshida and Shana were plastered to the panes of the school's windows watching Yuji walking with Konoe, or the incessant need to repeat the lines Yuji's dad gave them as a pep talk, or Yoshida and Shana constantly acknowledging the other as a 'love rival'.

It's so horrendously bloody obvious that Yoshida doesn't have a chance in hell with Yuji no matter what she does. Fine, go ahead and like the character, cheer her on all you want, but in the end you know it's all for nothing because Yuji and Shana's relationship with one another is far more worthwhile, and Yoshida has never been anything more then a footnote to the entire ordeal since the very start of the first season. At best she served her purpose as something to stir up jealousy for Shana, but again that's helping develop Shana's character. Yoshida's pretty much been a plot device from the start (who stopped working 15 episodes ago).

Thank god Pheles gave her that cross (which apparently came with a pre-requisite of 50 flashbacks of her telling Yoshida what it's to be used for and what it really means to use it), because not only do I have the glimmer of hope that Yoshida will be written out of the story, but it actually gives her a reason to be there! Her showing up to the meeting Pheles was absurdly selfish, my forehead had handmarks from me slapping it too much while watching.

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week -
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!