Thread: Licensed Inu X Boku SS
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-27, 17:31   Link #554
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I assume it's a question of having enough source material. Probably a safe bet it's going to happen sooner or later.
The manga had around 30 chapters when it started airing and the anime only covered the first 9 ones and part of chapter 10, I assure you it isn't because of lack of source material

On one hand, I think they did a very good job because introducing the main plot on 1-cour wouldn't have been a good decision and if it isn't properly adapted the plot could look very bad and confusing. This way it feels very nicely concluded despite it's only the tip of the iceberg.

On the other hand I'm sad with the lack of backstories of the secondary characters (especially Natsume or Kagerou, who in the anime just appear as comedy relief and it saddens me when people who only watch the anime bash those characters because there's a lot more than meets the eye).

Going by the raws the manga will end very soon. I estimate around 2-3 chapters left unless there's an unexpected twist which stretches the story a bit more (the author could actually conclude it next month if she wanted).