View Single Post
Old 2011-03-06, 01:56   Link #22202
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Then you weren't paying attention to what I was actually saying, because the point is not whether there is "one truth," but whether truths which may exist are relevant under a particular set of circumstances.

The fact that I could be a doctor, be it in a story or in an alternate dimension or whatever, does not mean the me that is thinking about this sentence right now is or ever will be a doctor. That knowledge - those "false" truths - can perhaps inform my decisions moving forward, but it does not mean there is any point in questioning the physicality or essentiality of those truths. They are abstract thoughts, as far as I am concerned, whether or not they really exist in some fashion.

I think this is part of what Ange's breakdown is leading her to in ep8, but that doesn't change that for the Ange that exists in that particular world, those truths may as well be fiction, magic, or alternate dimensions, because they are all equally capable of influencing that particular Ange.
I apologize, the main point I had contention with is that it seemed like you were saying it had no meaning for people in the real world, and that is what I disagreed with. If that is not what you were saying, then I take back what I said.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote