View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 21:21   Link #37
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Hey, they could always pull an Apple and "revolutionize" the industry by creating an OS that doesn't require a restart every time something updates or installs or works.

I'm not sure where I'll migrate to for my IM needs though. Is Skype any good? Never considered it before since I avoid VOIP programs like the plague. What about multi-IM programs like Trillian? Is that still any good? All I want is a low memory, small footprint type program with a reasonably appealing to the eyes design to talk to people from my MSN contact list.
Please, please. As far as the "not require a restart". That's enough to make me consider a macbook when I get a new recreational laptop...if I can afford one and make it work for me. Yes, I am a mac-hater. And macs hate me back.

Skype is lovely. You can just text-chat, or you can video chat, or you can just voice chat. Even if one person doesn't have a webcam or a mic, they can still hear and see the other person if that person does. It works well and the interface is appealing to the eyes. My only complaint is that you can't do 3 way video caling without upgrading to skype premium--only voice calls. The filesharing system is nice too. And screen sharing.