Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-03, 13:31   Link #2266
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
You could claim we are turning a blind eye to the faults of Simoun but you could also say we have put the ending into perspective and after thinking about the series as a whole and not about what we personally expected to happen in the end we have come to a conclusion that the ending was actually a good one.
Maybe, but I was surprised how many people who were otherwise very positive towards Simoun said as their first reaction that they were disappointed with the ending. That half the fandom was wrong in their expectations is about as likely as that the ending was only half good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
But of course, I might be trying to rationalize and make myself feel better about the ending. But even if I am doing exactly that while pretending that I am not, I wouldn't generalise and put everyone who feels the same about the ending in that category.
I don't mean this as though people are pretending to like it or pretending not to rationalize. The kind of rationalization I'm talking about is subconscious, you could say involuntary. It's a natural human thing to do; it's not like the people who'd do it would be less intelligent for it or have less integrity or anything like that.

I'm not sure what you mean about generalizing people into a category there. I'm not trying to say that everyone who liked the ending is rationalizing. More like there's a good chance that the people who didn't like it at first but then "learned" to like it through various means might be.

And NO thanks to you for reminding me of the Avenger ending I do agree with your objection to KC point, though.

Last edited by yononaka; 2006-11-03 at 13:46. Reason: the first sentence inadvertently had dual meaning
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote