View Single Post
Old 2009-05-14, 16:11   Link #78
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubZ View Post
the signs were obvious that this remake was going to happen...

Spoiler for Platinum:
Actually, I believe the point at which a G/S remake was inevitable was when both FR/LG and D/P made references to it (heavily implying the jackass rival from G/S was Giovanni's son, for example)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
IV breeding is a pain in the butt because unlike EV, IV depends on luck and you can spend hours trying to breed for the right nature and have perfect IVs. There are tools that determine the IV from the stats, but most won't care. IV doesn't make much difference since a high IV only gains like 1-10 which won't make that much advantage.

Also, getting the perfect Hidden Power type is pain too because those depend on IV values as well.
Not to mention the game never actually tells you IVs and EVs even exist, let alone how they work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I wonder if they're going to remake crystal too. .
I don't know why they would, they didn't remake Yellow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The added baby forms of 1st gen pokemon are not quite annoying to me as the added evolutionary forms of 1st gen pokemon. To me, most have a lot to be desired in their designs. Magnezone is just an atrocity and there is no way I'd ever evolve Magneton into such a thing (it looks like a UFO). Don't really care for Magmars or Ryhdons evolved forms either.
On the other hand, a Farfetch'd evo might, you know, not suck.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote