View Single Post
Old 2010-03-14, 02:12   Link #102
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Sig makers are often taken for granted and many people don't seem to realize how hard it is to keep requests on check. There's no magic "make sig" button on photoshop and sig makers often need to go out of their way just to complete the request of a stranger.

Yes, they are not forced to do it to begin with, yet, the fact remains that they still do. IMHO, they and the folks that make the Kairing drawings for the main page, are among the ones that deserve rep the most.
Have to agree with your opinion.

If there's a built in "make sig" button in photoshop, I think there would be a lot less people requesting for sigs. Ok, seriously now... making a forum signature requires time and effort to accomplish. There's someone in the fan creations section who made an avatar + sig pair for me last Christmas, and he fully deserved the +rep. Would have given that person more than one cookie if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As I wrote in one of those links, I once saw the neg rep aspect of the rep system as providing a good barrier against genuinely trollish or abusively flaming posting.

I'm starting to think that neg reps are now used primarily over a simple and civil difference of opinion.

If so, is the neg rep aspect of the rep system worth it? Should we scrap it?

Just something I want to throw out there for the Moderating staff, and other fellow posters here, to consider.
Even in the past giving a - has been used to express difference in opinion.

I do wonder if you're familiar with the Japanese Saimoe 2007 or the Korean Best Moe 2007 thread?
If not, then I'll tell you that those used to be the places where sometimes the mere act of voting someone could get you -repped. Espescially in the final rounds, when people's emotions run high. Believe it or not, I even got a - for congratulating Hinagiku on her victory over Shana at the Korean tournament.

As for my opinion on the rep system, it's fine as it is.
The + can overcome the - in time, just try to avoid the more volatile topics on the forum.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2010-03-14 at 05:38.