View Single Post
Old 2011-10-01, 15:00   Link #647
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Judging from interrnet activity, I imaging sales could pick up at the half way point (and when Nichijou airs in primetime). Mostly due to the seeming explosion of interest after ,ano starts goint to school. Also that the jokes and plots got a lot tighter than in the first half. How many volumes have sales figures so far? It is a 13 volume anime, and the turing point was episode 13 or 14.
Volume 4 was just released Friday. It contained episodes 7 and 8, so your turning point would be volume 6/7. Here are the sales numbers that we have for volumes 1-3:

Volume 1: 4,005
Volume 2: 2,197 (Only BD ranking;DVD didn't rank, but a good estimate would be around 690 bringing it to around 2,887)
Volume 3: 2,685 (Only BD ranking;DVD didn't rank, but a good estimate would be around 730 bringing it to around 3,415)

Information compiled/estimated by something on AOD. Credit goes to him.

Personally, I feel much is being made based on who said it. We don't know if the opinion that KyoAni's myth is busted is the opinion expressed by Suzuki himself or the general thought from the meeting. It's no secret that Kadokawa titles have not been selling well this year and Nichijou was the most visible due to high publicity/notoriety. Kadokawa titles tend to not sell a lot of discs besides the KyoAni productions; which didn't happen in this one single case. In my field of science, one plot point does not show a trend regardless of output so I'm not convinced the sky is falling. Besides, if they need immediate money, there's always Haruhi to fall back on.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-10-01 at 15:18.