Old 2004-08-03, 21:03   Link #146
fieryshadowcard

The ultimate group, eh...

Shikamaru
Temari
Naruto
Neji/Hinata
Sasuke

Shikamaru- on any given day, Shikamaru will be in my team. He is the primary strategist and overall, the best leader. He is generally a voice of reason (thus ending any unnecessary arguments) and can mediate between the wishes of his fellow teammates (by listening to what they are willing to do, he can push forward in the most efficient way possible. If necessary, he is the most willing of anyone I've seen to sacrifice his own life for the good of his teammates and the mission. Not to mention, he's the only Chuunin thus far. Anything that's not a traditional genin-based team requires at least one Chuunin, a certified squad leader.

Temari-- In a situation where Shikamaru needs to yield his command (going more so for power than brains), if he needs to stay back to fend someone off or to set up a plan while his team moves forward, Temari is second-in-command. She can devise strategies and hold her own in a fight offensively and defensively with just one swing of her fan. Pretty much, she can act as the primary shield for her team. Her ability to summon efficiently gives Naruto a great deal of freedom with his Chakra so that he does not have to do big but risky things to win a battle.

Naruto-- for reasons Shikamaru gave, Naruto is the most versatile member of his team. Think FFVII at Fort Condor (Fighters, as opposed to Attackers and Defenders) and you'll get my drift. He is well-rounded in fighting ability. As far as strategy goes, his unconventional methods and his willingness to get his hands dirty (or blown off, whichever comes first) makes him an excellent asset to an already powerful staff of brain power. His Kage Bunshins can aid anyone in a pinch, and as such, he can use them for covering an ally or giving an ally more ammunition (using them to transform into other weapons). As a last line of defense, he can either summon Gama Bunta or use the Kyuubi, and that will be that. For a particularly difficult foe, Naruto can use Rasengan, and multiple Kage Bunshins can do Rasengan as well if Naruto ever gets to that point in his training.

Neji/Hinata-- Either one. Whomever you choose, it's still good. Not so much looking at their attacks, the thing I'm looking at is their skills in surveillance and information gathering. Using the Byakugan to see into the distance, they can then set it up for Temari to ambush any enemies to avoid unnecessary conflict. While Neji is clearly better at fighting, he can be brash as opposed to the calmer Hinata, who can be too timid. Like I said, whatever floats your boat, but a Hyuuga is a must-have in the ultimate team. And just because Hinata hasn't learned the Bloodline Limits yet doesn't mean she won't. She is the heir to them, meaning the only way she won't learn them is if she dies before that time.

Sasuke-- For actual combat, when long-range attacks and strategy fail, Sasuke is the best at dealing with opponents hand-to-hand. Also, IF strategy is failing, then it will most likely have gotten through Temari's quick-to-deal-with-trouble attacks, Shikamaru's better-than-all strategies, and the Hyuuga Byakugan, which leaves the Sharingan to dismantle anything that reading Chakra cannot do. For a particularly difficult foe, Sasuke has his allies to keep the foe in one place long enough for him to come crashing in with the Chidori.

This goes beyond like/dislike of characters. This is actually breaking down their strengths and weaknesses, not just saying "one owns another". Looking at what they offer to the others as a complementary whole rather than as individuals is what's important. I think this could be the most devastating team we have.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote