View Single Post
Old 2013-03-29, 14:58   Link #222
Kirarakim

Trajan I just watched the rewatched the episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
which goes along with my belief that the humans simply cannot exterminate all queerats without destroying their human society.
Saki explicitly states she has to reverse the decision to exterminate all the Rat societies. So the plan was to kill all the monster rats until Saki stepped in on their behalf.

Quote:
This is, I think, impossible to answer as an anime-only viewer. The best answer I can give you is that Saki never rejects either Kiroumaru's or Squealer's contention that humans have eliminated queerat colonies in the past, so I assume that it has happened, and with at least some frequency ("only for the worst offenses" is what Saki says).
She does actually (at least to Squealer). She says monster rats are only killed for the worst offense- Rebellion and killing humans.

But the point I think is that doesn't matter. The monster rats are always at the mercy of the PK users whims. So they don't find a reason to kill them today what about tomorrow? It's not like the monster rats can say we will kill humans if they kill us.

Edit: I also re-watched the scene when they were talking about the non-PK users being turned into monster rats. Satoru has a few points

* The scientists created death feedback to control the society from killing each other (this we knew from before)
* PK users had ruled over non-PK users in the past but with death feedback the roles would be reversed and the PK users would be powerless against non-PK users

* The scientists were PK users and did not want to lose their privileged status. Could the scientists have gotten rid of PK instead? After this statement I think it actually is possible (although it is not explicitly stated). But they liked their power and didn't want to give it up.

All of this of course happened centuries before our story started.

Saki then says we killed so many humans...but when Satoru says "no they are not human" I think he doesn't want her to even begin to think that because of what it would mean in terms of the death of shame.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-03-29 at 15:16.