Thread: Licensed Aoi Hana (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-20, 11:33   Link #213
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Another beautiful episode done perfectly. Im starting to see a running theme here since i say this every week but its true. Fumi is just adorable to watch her subtle moments and akward facial expressions are just a joy to watch since i think they are very detailed especially when she blushes it doesnt seemed forced even her smile reflects her personality very subtle.

It was interesting to me to hear Sugimoto was interested in Fumi. I think this might be where the "opposite attract" comes into play. However it was very easy to tell she was interested in Fumi besides her actually saying "I realized your my type". The animators did a wonderful job not with eye moment but body posturing as well. When they are sitting on the bench the animator adopted the technique of if a person's body posture faces towards you they are interested. I noticed this right away her body gave it all away i cant help but to think that the animators payed careful attention to this fact. On their date it was funny because when i saw Sugimoto and Fumi walking together my first thought was "i can tell who the masculine one is" Fumi was dressed in something like a Sunday dressed with a over the shoulder shaw i think with nice open toed heels. While Sugimoto wore sneakers what looked like capri's and a pretty tomboyish shirt which could directly be attributed to her playing basketball. Very lovely scene of them holding hands and the kiss (which had to be initiated by Sugimoto) was done well. I was actually satisfied with not seeing the kiss just they lower halfs standing close to one another.

Akira's development well i can understanding her feelings. I mean her brother needs to get over this sister complex thing its going to end up sending her to therapy. What i find interesting was seeing Akira cry for the first time she was always comforting her Fumi when she cried. She always appeared strong and confident it was a change to see her vulnerable her crying it depths to her character and shows she herself has a sensitive and emotional side.

So far this is one of my favorites series this season. This emotional and heartfelt series i wouldn't recommend to beginner anime watchers. I dont feel that most viewers would be able to grasp how deep this series goes romantically, emotionally and just how beautifully the story really is, it being a Yuri happens to be a byproduct in my mind. Im not being a dick i just notice how these kind of series that favor enjoyable and fantastic writing along with character driven plots can be easily passed over for powered up giant robot smash em all series not that anything is wrong with that hell i love explosions too. But after watching anime for so long it takes a lot more than pretty transformations and visuals to impress me. Aoi Hana just happens to good visuals good music and fantastic writing.