View Single Post
Old 2010-04-25, 03:42   Link #9148
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
So the short version of the theory is: The servants and Nanjo discovered Eva and Hideyoshi's bodies, at which time the chain was not set. Since it looked like the murders were going to continue, they created a plan to trip up the culprit's accomplices (by altering the second twilight crime scene and setting up a weird magical incident) and fake Kanon's death so he could keep an eye out for the killer. This plan explains all of the details of the second through fifth twilights.

Of course a theory where all of the servants are the culprits is also possible like this, but I think most people would agree that it would be incredibly unlikely.
It'd be nice to think that the servants painting magic circles would only be part of creating the magic illusion, with no intent to take part in the murders. This might actually fit quite well with the first twilight fakery theories. I'm quite sure it's either Kumasawa or Genji who paints the magic circles, with Genji being the most probable due to no circles (except the bank account number) appearing after Genji dies and Gohda's TIPS. I think Kumasawa could carry the stakes (there could be some room under those clothes, right?), or they were hidden in rooms beforehand by some plan.

What I've read through these last 10 pages is that the solution to the chained closed rooms is the culprit coming in, closing the chain, then hiding and dying for some reason, therefore not 'existing' or 'hiding' anymore. Well for EP1 second twilight there is no red denying anyone is hiding, so the culprit could be hiding under the bed/in the closet. If the chain wasn't set at all before the servants came in to prepare the cut chain and magic circles, there was probably no need to check all places, they thinking that the culprit escaped right after the murder. But why would they intently make a closed room? Because otherwise they would be suspected of the murder right away if it was all open, probably.

How long was Kinzo's corpse burning actually? Couldn't Kumasawa or Kanon have staked him and set him burning the time they were going for the storeroom?

I think Natsuhi's viewpoint hiding in the closed can be trusted to some extent (it's quite realistic after all, comparing to what we've seen all through EP2-EP4). So Hideyoshi either didn't recognize the culprit, or the culprit was someone he thought was dead already. So it is either Rosa, Maria, George, Genji or Jessica. Problem is that the culprit (and Natsuhi) seemed to be in the room already when the chain was last set, but no-one found them after they broke to the room. Well they were just being lazy (not to mention shocked).

For common interest, here's definition for "corpse":
1. a dead body, usually of a human being.
2. something no longer useful or viable: rusting corpses of old cars.
3. Obsolete. a human or animal body, whether alive or dead.
(plus there is slang meanings like an empty alcohol bottle or cigarette butt, but this is translated from japanese, so I don't think they have slangs like that. Though they're surprisingly fitting for Umineko )

When Jessica's corpse was discovered, only Battler, George, Maria, Rosa, Genji, Gohda, Shannon, Kumasawa, and Nanjo were in Jessica's room. So do we automatically need to say Jessica's "corpse" is dead, or is it really possible for Jessica to be alive? Definition 3 has that chance there.

Last edited by Bluemail; 2010-04-25 at 09:22.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote