View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 13:40   Link #446
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
I always saw the family part as optional but highly recommended. I mean, the crest capability is something that is likened to organ transplants. And while it is hard to find a donor that isn't family, it isn't impossible. Not to mention the whole, do it over time that helps it go along smoothly. And like I said before I partially hand waved it with Avalon.
Well, it isn't absolutely impossible to transfer a Magic Crest to someone outside the family, but for a normal magus family (one that doesn't have generations of genetic fiddling to make the heir more compatible with the Crest), passing a Crest even to another family member is a rather painful process, requiring lots of special care and attention to prevent rejection. For a non-family member, it would be agony
Spoiler for HF:
So, no, it's not plausible for Kiritsugu to pass his Magic Crest onto Shirou, given that he cares more about Shirou's well-being than he does about making him a magus and that to do so would likely be impossible and certainly would be painful.

Quote:
I would think that a reinforced arrow alongside Innate Time Control would be pretty deadly.
Perhaps, but Shirou doesn't have Inate Time Control....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote