View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 07:46   Link #641
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
FWIW, it's Pipirupirupirupipirupi

That sad thing is that I remembered this without having to look it up...
In your defense, I too experienced this without looking it up. What makes things worse is that I wasn't even a fan of the show.

I recall watching Dokuro-chan before the whole "girl punishes guy with her X!" gag got infuriatingly old. Back then it was more: "Ohoho~ She hit him and his head came off! It's funny! Ah, she did it for the hundredth time, it stopped being funny a long time ago. " Dokuro-chan in my eyes is one of those shows that really is more comedy and so it's just a matter of whether you find it funny or not. It's not like they're trying to rewrite the very foundations of good animation (MJP) or blow the quality bar out of the water as a new installment in a long-running franchise (Railgun S).

It's kind of like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, in my eyes. I think Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is possibly the funniest anime I've had the pleasure to watch. It's not really meant to be taken seriously at all, though. Dokuro-chan does have some plot and drama, but for the most part it's just silly nonsense from what I recall.

Incidentally, I love Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but it's not really that popular, yeah? Although it does have, what, three seasons? Hm...