View Single Post
Old 2013-07-08, 04:51   Link #437
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I think its more stupid of Sega for not releasing a ps3 version. Yet the complained about no.2 with no sales? Because people with only PS3s couldnt buy/play it.
They aren't stupid and you can't blame them - they reportedly lost money on the first game both domestically (software only, they made it up from the merchandise and licensing later which is why the franchise was kept alive) and overseas even with the acclaimed reviews received everywhere due to the high cost of development on the PS3, which is why they took the series to the PSP with its much cheaper development cost for the sequel. Even though the sequel wasn't as well received they actually made more money from it than the first game in Japan, and again the low cost of PSP development means localization for the sequel was a low risk investment. This of course all naturally led to them continuing the trend of going to PSP for the third game. Also keep in mind that the overseas market was never part of the plan, so serving the domestic PSP install base (which is huge due to Monster Hunter boom) was their only priority.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote