View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 17:03   Link #1519
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
No, it's a Gundam because it's of the Delta series which is a Gundam series and the fact that it was developed from the Delta Gundam and than based off that the Delta Gundam Kai was made. It would be silly to go Gundam -> Not Gundam -> Gundam in the same series in such a short time frame especially when all are limited production prototype models(And the Delta Plus looks just like a modified Delta Gundam).

Or, depending where you look, the Delta Plus could also be considered the development of the Delta Gundam and Delta Gundam Kai despite that making little sense due to the Delta Plus just being a better Delta Gundam and not looking all that much like the Delta Gundam Kai(Which has much higher specs and a special n.i.t.r.o system on top of looking like a real Gundam).
So in other words, no you have no actual written/documented proof that it's recognized officially as a Gundam. Well, once you do we'll talk then, because there's no point in this run-around you're attempting.

Quote:
Sadly I don't have the funds to purchase a lot of that stuff(Most of that goes towards other stuff though I do want to get a Delta Gundam Kai model eventually) and my Japanese isn't all that great so even if I did have something I wouldn't be able to share it or even know what to share considering what I do know is too rough and not literal translations due to how confusing literal translations end up being from Japanese -> English to me and that they tend to lose a lot of the meaning behind them.
Well that's the beauty of the internet, you don't have to pay money to post a scanned picture of a model's boxart to make your point. That said, I have looked at the boxart for the Delta Plus and it's not listed as a Gundam.

Quote:
Of course it looks like a Gundam, it was based off the Delta Gundam(As a clear improvement and not a chopped down Mass Production unit that looks vastly different than the MS it's developed from) and the Delta Gundam Kai comes after it which, unlike the Delta Gundam and Delta Plus, was given a more Gundamy look compared to the other Gundams in the Delta series.
There's numerous mobile suits in the franchise that look like Gundams despite not being Gundams. Just because it has a head similar to a Gundam isn't enough to make it actually a Gundam--the ZII, another successor to the Zeta Gundam project of mobile suits (of which the Delta Gundam and Delta Plus are a part of) has a Gundam head, complete with V-fin and chin and dual eye optics, but lacks any designation as a Gundam. This occurrence is common in the franchise, and not just limited to UC.