View Single Post
Old 2013-05-07, 16:11   Link #1
T-6000

Wolfenstein: The new Order announced.

I just came back from work, I turn on my internet PC, scroll through Blues News, and what do I see that becomes one of the most surprising game announcements of the year for me? Why, a new Wolfenstein game entitled "Wolfenstein: The new Order." Hell, I'm still trying to place my eyeballs back into their sockets.

http://www.gamespot.com/wolfenstein-...-6407974/?hd=1

And this announcement has some surprising twists. First off, the game is set in an alternate 1960s where the Nazis won World War 2 and have a heavy influence across the globe (if they haven't downright ruled the whole world). And this game isn't made by ID Software but being handled by another developer called "MachineGames" (though owned by Zenimax), which surprises me because Carmack (I think it was him, at least) insisted that in the future ID Software themselves would work exclusively on their own IPs and *not* outsource them to other developers. And surprisingly, this game is scheduled to be released late this year (though I'm not holding my breath 100%, the game could be delayed) for not only next generation consoles but also for the PC.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote