View Single Post
Old 2021-08-20, 08:25   Link #200
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You kidding me? Look at his directing, scriptwriting, storyboarding & animating credits during his Gainax days and you're gonna tell me that it's all a lie and he didn't work his ass off for their success?
That was like... the 80s and 90s. At this point he's the "reboot" guy. Cutie Honey, Godzilla, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and I guess just an influencer for Gridman, because god forbid he would work with an IP that came out after he graduated high school.

It would be nice to see him move past 1979 someday... there's some 80s series that could use a reboot, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Her answer actually makes sense. Or it would, if she had never sung a song she didn't write herself, and I doubt that's the case.
It does feel a bit disingenuous. Maybe its image, trying to portray herself as singer-songwriter more than popstar or idol. She was pretty much Yoko Kanno's proté​gé early in her career as well.

Side note but its nice to see Yoko Kanno come out from whatever rock she's been hiding under for Netflix Cowboy Bebop.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote