View Single Post
Old 2009-11-09, 10:21   Link #1505
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
All specials and abnormals have a schoolarship. Zen doesn't have one. Zen himself stated that Akune - "just" a special, is stronger than him. Yes, for a human, he is very strong, but his enemies aren't humans, but group of highly resilient, super fast, extremely strong abnormals. They are on different level than Zenkichi. Imagine that Zen is a cat. A strong, agile cat, more powerful than any cat around. But abnormals are tigers. Cat is weaker than tiger. In this story Zenkichi is the weak one, not strong one.
In this topic, or on mangafox forums, there was many times explained - with arguments, that Zenkichi is mentally weak, psychically (relatively) weak, Medaka doesn't love him and so on. So far MB fans failed to give any valid contrarguments, other than: I think otherwise.
First, don't mistook me for a MB fan.

About the issue of Zen, considering it's Medaka's brother who is training him, I wouldn't be surprised if that training consists on something more than just strengthen your body.

As for the other, I can't understand how not explaining something that always can be explained later is bad writing. If anything, the author is keeping it to explain later like many authors do.

And considering his reputation as novel writer I wouldn't underestimate him. Plus you're making too many assumptions such as accussing him of not having any idea of being sure with the direction of the plot when you don't even know that for sure. And same goes for the supossed "genre jump" assumption. Honestly, I think you're overdoing a bit

Oh, and Zen not having a schoolarship says a lot and further confirms he can belong to any of the classes, even abnormal since his blood is AB.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote