View Single Post
Old 2009-11-09, 10:58   Link #1508
KLGChaos
The Shermain

My take on the translation:

Spoiler:

I agree with Arturro that the manga has been lackluster in its writing. Writing a manga and a novel are two completely different animals. In a novel, you have time to introduce characters and write their backgrounds and describe characters in detail. In a manga, you just have a picture with a few words and I feel he spent way too much time "explaining" in the bubbles and not enough time just showing us.

Plus, he did introduce way too many characters too early and then seemingly dropped them. It's one of the biggest reasons that Zen was lost in the shuffle. I mean, Onigase was introduced-- and then made irrelevant by Unzen. Akune and Kikaijima were introduced, given one chapter to themselves and then pushed to the back burner, after everyone thought they'd be major player because they were part of the student council. Of course, the council thing has pretty much been downplayed as well.

The manga is getting better in my mind, so I'll have to see where it's going to go from here. It was dead last in the rankings this week, but survived again it seems as Wajima was cut instead.