View Single Post
Old 2010-10-28, 01:26   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm comparing the story arcs and the young women separately so far.... as far as *story* arcs, I have to say Haruka's arc was the most complete and well-structured. Kaoru's arc comes next with its measured tone of two people who've known each other for ages deciding their bond is more... but then it just kind of cut off or ended in a "whoops we're out of time". Ai's arc was okay but it just didn't seem to have the conviction that the manga adaptation did.... they ended up together "just because". I didn't find it very amazing at all. Poor Sae got royally shafted with her arc... I'm told the source material isn't that deep either but it just seemed to be odd comedy so the tone difference left it short compared to the others.

As far as the young women themselves... Kaoru just seems to fall into my comfort zone preference-wise, she's sharp-witted and mature-headed. Haruka is too flighty. Ai is ... well, just young and doesn't seem to have a lot to say. Sae makes one's head/heart just freeze up "nnnnngh!" ... but again, like Ai, after that... what?

I suspect I'll find Rihoko's arc charming.... and people rave about Tsukasa, but hey, we'll see.