View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 09:30   Link #31
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
She drew me into the series. Her character designs were intriguing, and over the first few episodes she played a really good role.

What they did with her was rather interesting, in that I can't recall ever seeing a series pull something like this before. A few days ago you gave a critique that she seemed like a total robot in the series. I think that she had a subdued but strong personality in the first few episodes - but it's true that later in the series she became pretty robotic. I don't know exactly when it started; it was definitely in the second half of the series, and maybe also in the second half of the first half of the series. (So the second quarter... yes, yes...)
Yeah, I didn't like her in the six episodes that she was important in, but when her screen time grew less and her interactions with Shu became nonexistent, that's when I started hating her AND thinking she was useless.

Ignoring the fact that I've seen this girl done better in other anime, I guess what bothered me the most was that people kept on saying Shu was a relatable character, yet I couldn't find a single relatable thing where Inori was concerned. This technically extends to the other characters as well, who mostly exist to make him look good, but her in particular really bothered me.

Edit: Also, while they're not in my worst anime cliches list, I have a bit of a bias for girls who act like they come from space.

Further Edit: Also, of all the plotholes in the anime, the ones concerning her were the ones that I actually think hurt the series. Why can she jump super high through heavy fire, only to never do it again for the rest of the series, despite having many opportunities to do so? And how did she even get in trouble in Episode 1 if she could do all that?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-03-24 at 10:41.