View Single Post
Old 2013-06-29, 21:56   Link #24
Soverence

Well I certainly liked the fact that the story actually seemed to move forward this episode, at the same time I couldn't help but notice the problems with it at the same time. The first five minutes of the episode were taken up by a re-cap and the op which I mean a lot of the other episodes are doing so okay, annoying but let it slide. Then once the show started, I noticed a lot of frame-rate issues with the animation, and I don't think it was my stream either. The slow-motions scenes were choppy, their was at least three or four scenes where they actually didn't even bother coloring in parts of the animation, and their was more stills in this episode then any other up to this point. I know I am complaining about the animation mainly, but I really feel like there was a lot of issues which took away from my enjoyment of the show. If I can notice bad animation on my first watch through and it takes away from the enjoyment of the episode, something is wrong. I am going to hope that after the week break the animation will settle down a little.

Now that I am done with that, the story and music were great in the episode as usual, when Eren sealed the hole the music worked really well with it I thought, overall except for the animation it was a good episode.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote