Thread: Licensed Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-13, 17:04   Link #152
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 02 - Three Gorgeous Month Hundred Nights

Just like many of you I have to revise my first impressions upon my views for the start of this series.

Episode two successfully answered many of the weird mysteries and out of place unknowns introduced in the first episode. It is this episode that truly sets the plotline in motion.

Basically, it introduces three subplots for each sets of group characters.

1. Kuu possess a mysterious potential that appeals to Kyoshiro's interests. However, being the gentlemanly prince that he is, Kyoshiro is not going to force Kuu to come with them but rather to extend her an invitation to come together.

As I was suspecting since episode one and just as Kuu was nervous asking to Setsuna, I do believe that Setsuna in fact harbors a tender feeling for Kyoshiro, but she's unwilling to speak it out fearing it'll be rude or uncomfortable to Kyoshiro.

If you paid close attention, when Kyoshiro was holding hands with Kuu and pulling her closely to him on a tender manner, Setsuna was motionless watching (as the good Angel that serves her Master with obedience) but her eyes are wavering, which is an evident sign that she's keeping the pain and jealousy on herself and building up.

And I do have at least a simple look of how this route between the three of them is going to lead in a later episode.

2. The second subplot features the reincarnated characters of KnM into Kaon and Himiko. No matter how close they remain to each other, they can never be together since all powers involved are making use of Absolute Angel. Exactly which goal is to be achieved remains a mystery, what is known is that the initial introduction of both girls made them look to be antagonists.

This is not the case because both are constantly tormented and bullied by the lustful and selfish desires of Mika, who I presume is the leader of the Moon Spiral.
She actually harbors intense, lustful desires for Kaon and is fiercely jealous watching how receptive Kaon is to Himiko.

She torments and psychologically abuses Kaon in order to subdue her and to make hers and finds that the most effective mechanism to break Kaon's will is to have her way with Himiko out of grudge to the latter's compliance, as just as Kaon cannot act against her master and watches helplessly Himiko being picked on by the other girls or to be punished by Mika.

I can imagine that Mika sexually assaults Himiko for punishment and may has done many ecchi things to her to demoralize her and thus earning every time Kaon's hatred and contempt.
It's obvious that on a later arc Kaon will snap and return back the pain and humiliation to Mika a 1000x worse; it's for certain.

3. The third suplot is about Kuu's mysterious prince.

I know that in episode one she mentioned his name, but I do not remember it. Anyone knows the name of Kuu's prince?

Kyoshiro comments he has an older brother, so common sense would tell me to jump right to the conclusion that Kuu's prince and Kyoshiro must be siblings.

Spoiler:

I'm also apologizing for the opening song, Cross*Heart, since having it listened to for the second time it makes to begin warming up to the song, but I do disagree that song is fitting for the opening video; it's just too fairy-talish, fantasy, and sweet for the tone of the opening footage.

Someone mentioned that they missed this show not features KOTOKO performing either of the OP or ED songs.
If Face of Fact ~ Resolution Ver. ~, would had not been used as the OP for BALDR FORCE, then that song would had been my suggestion to be used for the OP to this series; it's fitting.

Overall, a vast improvement in this episode from the previous one.

Most of the shots from the bath scene easily earned a R-15 rating.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote