View Single Post
Old 2008-09-27, 09:24   Link #20
Ending

Molten Bore? Snorewing Lair? What's next: zZz'Qiraj and Upper Grindrock Spire?

@ D-Boy

Referring to your picture about Stormwind cathedral, usually the mobs gather between the auction house - mailbox - bank triangle and since there is no such thing as a "player collision", there is no reason to spread out. It's pretty empty outside the the capitals, true, but guess it can't be avoided thanks to the instant teleportation spells.

IMO, it's a bit sad to see places like Stonetalon Mountains completely empty. I only stumbled there on accident when I was leveling up (I have no alts, mind) and it really felt like it was in middle of nowhere. I kinda wish they removed all but heartstone and mage's portals just to cheer up the traffic. Turning flight-points into caravans would probably help, too.

Quote:
Just look at Conquer Online, the Chinese style F2P MMO. As published 5 years ago, its 2.5D graphics are outdated. But when you enter in the main towns of the game, you can immediately see players all chatting, trading and dancing.
Tried it and it didn't compare to WoW: Conquer Online simply lacks the level of polish and strategy WoW offers. There's a lot of chatting going on in WoW, but most of it is hidden into whisper- or party-only channels. Trading goes through AH, which is superior to 1-on-1 trading. As to dancing... Well, that's hardly critical, is it?

Overall, Blizzard really should perk up the rate at which they update the game. There's so much potential being wasted ATM that it's almost infuriating, not to forget that many of the suggestions focus on issues we, the paying customers, view as important. Knowing that Blizz earns millions every months, money can't be an issue, so it all boils down to what they want to do. Unfortunately, it looks like they aren't that interested of developing their milking cow unless they get money out of it, hence the expansions.

Updating a multi-million MMO every three years is definitely too little while ignoring the true issues. I'll be coming back once WOTKL hits, but sooner or later the faults start glaring again if they aren't fixed. But hey: there are a few competing MMO's to try while waiting, such as 9Dragons, Perfect World, CABAL Online, Kathana 3, Lord of the Rings Online, and -of course- Warhammer. Who knows, maybe Conan also fixes the initial flaws and turns out good.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote