View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 15:54   Link #6
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I disagree. Some stories have more original (or at least distinctive) premises than others.
You are correct, I misspoke (miswrote?) earlier. "Originality" should always be applauded, even if it is often (almost always) simply a reimagining of existing tropes or a reshuffling of known storylines (both of which are part of the post modern tradition).

That being said, "Generic" (sometimes simply known as genre films) is not bad, nor should it be treated as such. Princess Nine, for instance, is a fairly simplistic sports drama, but the general execution of the series should be applauded, and with decent characters and generally fun "battles" (amongst a slew of other good qualities) it is tough to dislike the show even if there is nothing really original about it (note, I do not know why I thought of Princess Nine, but the more I remember the series, the more I think it fits this thread)

(I stand by what I wrote about Madoka through . (Please do not continue this discussion, it is irrelevant to the thread topic.))
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote