View Single Post
Old 2011-01-10, 17:30   Link #21454
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Being a former member of the "Uncover the truth behind Rokkenjima Prime club" I understand their position as well. However, I looked back and learned that I just wasn't looking at the story the correct way. I admit my mistake. Will others admit their mistakes?
It depends on what you call a mistake, I believe. Many people definitely didn't try to think, as much as they jumped on the HFY, deny the witch bandwagon. However, I did have the chance to speak with some people who did have enough open-mindedness to try to see more in the story and see more hints. Yet, these same people expected to be able to reach the truth through understanding of the characters and the story.

I re-read EPs 1-6 before EP8 was released, and at the very least, by EP5 the mood still was that reaching the truth was the proper thing to do. Of course, something that was explained further was that the method to solve this was important as well, and this was mainly shown in EP5 on how you're supposed to take on a mystery, in addition to try to understand the fantasy as part of solving the mystery. Moreover, we have the whole issue about trust between reader and writer having more emphasis than ever. And, by the end of EP5, Battler reached the truth - not merely ShKanontrice and what happened in the fictions, but what actually happened in Rokkenjima (this is supported by EP7 and EP8). Thus, I don't find it odd some readers expected to be able to find the core truth of the mystery. Fun enough, there was much "love" in this.

Quote:
At the very least, maybe he will give better answers to the Beatrice mysteries in Rei (if such a thing will be made).
Personally, as far as the gameboards are concerned, I think he's covered what he needed to cover. At the very least, I do not need anything else for those.

Quote:
So he then decides to mock them? Maybe not the best decision there.
This is something I definitely didn't like in Chiru. At many points he had to rant, mock and sometimes even insult his fanbase. I know many of them/us criticise him (and criticism is not a bad thing), and many of them even bash what he's done, but they/we are still his fanbase (which is not even that big), and I believe he's the one who should have taken the high road and only answer those comments through delivering a good novel. Personally, I believe resorting to this was childish, and what he finally presented doesn't really back-up all the tantrum he threw in Chiru.