Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-22, 11:44   Link #2001
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
According to wikipedia:

Despite his new title and powers, Yuki is so devastated by Yuno's death that he is unable to do anything but stare at his diary's final entry--"Yuno died."--and mourn her loss. After 10,000 years of mourning in the void of his post-apocalyptic universe, Yuki is shocked when the spacetime of his universe shatters and reveals a passageway to the third universe, created through the joint efforts of the Muru Muru of the third universe, the Muru Muru of the first universe, and the Yuno of the third universe. The Yuno of the third universe recognizes Yuki, reveals that she has the same memories as the Yuno from the first universe (courtesy of the Muru Muru of the first universe), and invites Yuki into the third universe so that they can finally be together. The Deus of the third universe calls off the Diary game and makes Yuki and Yuno his heirs, and Yuki is reunited with Yuno in the new, happier universe.

If only the anime had give us this ending.....its a decent one and I'd accept it as a crazy but sweet ending to a batshit insane anime
I agree, I really like that ending; it would've been better if it had been presented that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Yeah it would of been nice but its still kinda the same since at the end of the anime his phone changes and shows that Yuno comes to visit him in the empty world. They just didnt show the actuall scene.
Yeah, his phone changes, but not showing them reunite downgrades the entire ending. Not to mention, they could've, at the very least, had Yuno's voice cry out for Yuki in the end instead of having her name there and then ending it. I doubt any special episodes released after this will address the ending. Don't get me wrong, it was a great series and it had a lot of different genres working well together, but the ending described previously, where they are seen reuniting, would have made the series better if that had been shown.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote