View Single Post
Old 2011-06-19, 15:12   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Another very strong episode.

Ohana's epiphany that she is the villain of her own love story hit really hard. I felt so awful for her, but she needed this moment of clarity; sometimes you can act completely without malice, but still hurt others.
I'm having trouble casting her as a villain. Shouldn't she be more uncaring of other people's feelings? I don't deny she's hurt Ko, and that he deserved better. But still, a villain?

Quote:
Tooru continues to shift annoyingly between being my favorite character, and coming off as an icky pervert. Mostly, he was awesome this episode. More of this Tooru, less creepy drooling at 16 year old girls in china dresses, please.
You're going to be disappointed. He's gone from drooling after Ohana to drooling after her mom. The logical progression is that he's going to drool after the grandma very soon.

Quote:
Maybe I'm crazy, but his comedic abuse of poor Minchi's stomach looked to me like a sign of approval and acceptance of her potential as a chef. I bet he's the tough love type when it comes to instructing.
Sort of, but why did he insist she eat everything, instead of a more rational "taste everything, and pace yourself, there's a lot to go through"? Eating till you vomit is unhealthy, and isn't doing the food justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I guess the last part tried to prove Ohana's mom isn't a terrible person or something, but her past actions are just too astounding to be covered up by a few "motherly" actions.
Well, she's more thoughtful than I thought. Granted, that's not saying much, but it's something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not the magnum opus last week was, but a very solid effort nonetheless. I was ready to strangle Ohana by the end of her "interview" with Bookstore Girl, but at least she redeemed herself by admitting what a selfish person she'd been.
I think she's a tad too hard with herself. I also think that, rather than saying she loves Kou as a "living creature", she should just have said that if she could easily tell how she loved him, she'd have answered him six months ago.

Quote:
Honestly, I think anyone who sees her ending up with someone other than Kou is kidding themselves. Okada is making it pretty inescapable at this point that their fates are hopelessly entangled.
I agree that it's Kou or no one, but it really could be no one. Hasn't he just let her go? Didn't she accept that? So frustrating, when she said accepting him as a boyfriend was the correct decision. Goddammit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
It's also becoming a little more clear why Enishi turned out the way he is if chibi!Satsuki and Sui argued a lot before she left. He didn't inherit Sui's backbone, that's for sure, and the arguing wouldn't have helped.
That scene did make it look like he's always been pathetic, didn't it? Though he was pretty young then, so it doesn't mean much.