View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 06:11   Link #30858
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Well, she needs a Second Twilight. What would be really interesting is if George hadn't resisted, and gone to the guest room with them.
Hmmm... It's pretty interesting to think about that (I always thought there was some meaning to Eva suggesting that George come with them ever since I read that!)

After awfully like Yasu to change her plans depending on some small thing like that.

Quote:
It makes me think that in EP2, George was also supposed to survive until the end, but she wasn't expecting him to leave with the servants ... that is, maybe she planned for Genji to be dead in Natsuhi's room as well, and Nanjo/Kumasawa's location would've been disclosed to the survivor group with another cryptic letter. Maybe.
Maybe. After all, it ties in pretty well with the fatalistic attitude Yasu has.

Quote:
Well, that's your assumption, and I won't argue against it really, but ... I always figured that Bern ALSO hates losing ... and if she knew about Shkanon, she would've used it to win the logic Error. Erika certainly doesn't seem to know about Shkanon, or she would've won easily. And while Bern DOES want a loss that's utterly humiliating ... I dunno, I think shoving Beato's big bad storming of the chapel right back down her throat with a "Ha, your so-called solution is as valuable as wet tissue paper, it's so obvious!" would've been satisfying for her ... and she has no trouble mocking it in the very next EP, after all...
It's not really an assumption, Erika does openly declare that she is going for a Logic Error, not a victory. My guess is Bern didn't suspect they'd (ass)pull that trick on her of all things, it's doubtful if she could suspect it even works that way, even if she knew about Shkanon.

I'm also not sure as to what she really knew, but I think it's more possible she knew about Shkanon since it is always avoided strategically. It's unlikely that Erika, who was so diligent about everything and would even go outside in the middle of a typhoon to put tape on the windows just to frame Natsuhi would skip counting the names one by one and resort to something as vague as 'everyone else'. And that on the room the person in question was, of all rooms. Maybe that's why it bothers Battler so much. If the big trick was exposed by a word-play like that game's over for the witch side, but it's still a proper defeat. A Logic Error should seem way more enticing to Bernkastel.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote