View Single Post
Old 2007-12-30, 00:24   Link #194
itis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hmm so maybe I'm confusing myself with official statements and 2nd hand info on that one... still, Kurdish and Kurdistan seems to be the majority agreement on the romanization of the thing from what I can tell (certainly the subbers seem to agree). Certainly they have no problem using real life organizations like the Tamil Tigers, the Real IRA and locations like Ceylon Island (aka former Sri Lanka). Wouldn't be a stretch for them to use the actual Kurdistan tag instead of a made-up name, like Azadistan, especially considering the current situation regarding said ethnicity.

As for pullung punches, was referring more to the naming scheme and sense, which seem to be pretty consistent so far (though I wonder when people on other boards take offense to names like "Rasul"/"Ras-Al" etc.)
No I disagree. You were not refering to the "naming scheme" when you said "Kurds actually, as per official statements". You just changed your story for convenience or better yet you changed your story when you were proven wrong.

I agree that they are using real world situations to depict the problems that are addressed in 00. As I mentioned, I believe Krugis is supposed to depict the Kurds in the middle east.

Last edited by itis; 2007-12-30 at 00:34.
itis is offline   Reply With Quote