View Single Post
Old 2008-02-24, 19:39   Link #87
RevRayCool

I can't stand Hiromi. She's becoming more and more of a "tragic princess" to me, one of the types of heroines whose appeal is solely based on feeling sorry for them. Sure, she's faced with a step mom who dislikes her and the possibility that the only person that she loves is her half brother. But I don't think she's entirely helpless in her situation. She could confide to Shin in school, for example, or her friend Tomoyo, or even the man who could be her biological father and caused this huge misunderstanding in the first place.

Instead, she bottles everything up, tells lies (about liking Jun or wanting to be friends with Noe), is vague with her feelings and gets angry when people can't read her mind (like blaming Shin for being a "busybody" yet not clarifying anything about her "true" feelings for Jun or Shin), and now, she's becoming slightly malicious (like the comment about Noe's smiling face). Throughout the show, she's done nothing but keep a distance away from Shin and when it's actually starting to take effect, she becomes even more moody and angsty.

So if True Tears decides on taking the Hiromi route, I can't help but feel they'd be rewarding a character who hasn't done anything to "earn" it, so to speak. To have Shin chase after her during her path of self-destruction, the very same path she helped pave on her own, while making victims of my dear little waifu Noe, would make me very angry indeed!