View Single Post
Old 2012-05-25, 10:00   Link #221
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I may have forgotten an init somewhere. I think it's an alpha layer designed to provide partial transparency that Oliver probably defined for me elsewhere and I just forgot to cut and paste because it wasn't in the block defining the rain pattern. It definitely works, I just might have forgotten to put the whole thing in. I'll take a look later.

EDIT: Oops, yeah, here's what you need to do. The part I pasted before goes in init:. The part I'm pasting now goes in init python:.

Code:
    # RainAlpha is the total alpha level of the entire rain sheet.
    RainAlpha = 0.7

# RainY is rain speed, basically how long does it take
    # for the rain sheet to fall down.
    RainY = 1
    # RainX is the same for horizontal movement,
    # and needs to be manually adjusted to fit the screen width.
    RainX = RainY*6

# Derived values which this mess of a code uses.
    RainLayerAlpha = RainAlpha/3
    RainYM = RainY*2
    RainXM = RainX*2
    RainYF = RainYM*2
    RainXF = RainXM*2
Don't touch his derived values, I have no idea what they do and if he says they're dangerous he knows RenPy way better than me. However, you can probably mess with RainY and RainX if you want faster or slower-falling rain, although you should probably create entirely new inits for that (like RainYslow, RainYheavy, whatever) and make a new rainfall block using those different values, rather than messing around with the default.

Also his RainX define is set for my 852 screen width. If it looks wrong, change the multiplier of RainX from RainY*6 to RainY*n, where n is a larger or smaller number until it looks right. Changing RainY will by necessity change how RainX is derived as well. You could make RainX a static number, of course, but again that's levels of experimentation I have not ventured into.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote