View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 11:26   Link #74
Dextro
He Without a Title

What's your Profession/your planned course to take up in college?
- I'm a software developer with a bachelor's degree in software engineer

Your Current Status.
- I'm currently working for a small startup that develops software for other businesses and will start a Post-grad after work in a couple of weeks.

What made you choose it?
- I wanted to make videogames like many other kids but ended up discovering that I love the technologies that make the web tick.

Are you happy with it?
- Can't say I am. While I have a kickass work environment I would rather make software for the regular joe than for people working at other companies. I just don't feel fulfilled doing what I currently do: the technologies we use are the usual safe, old ones and when the customer is another company instead of people there's hardly any feeling of accomplishment when a suit at the other end tells you that your work does what a committee wanted.

How do you see yourself in the future?
- In the next couple of years I'll be working on my post-grad and possibly a master thesis but afterwards I'm considering leaving for a different EU country. The software development industry here just isn't tackling many interesting problems and seems perfectly happy doing tailor-made software for other companies instead.