Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-12, 20:03   Link #1225
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Second half is slightly more interesting with Miho introducing the other team's individual members by name (finally), and Yukari providing intro on the tanks and some technical tidbits (The Matilda II's are identified as the Mk.III/ Mk.IV model).
That part could actually be worth watching. Of course, I was going to watch it anyway as soon as possible, but now I feel like there's something to look forward to.

Quote:
I get the feeling that Girls und Panzer was planned out as a 2-cour show. There are so many characters with lots of backstory that there won't be enough time in a single cour show to explore properly. Similarly, there seems to be a lot more untold details about the different schools than we've been shown. They probably couldn't fund a 2-cour show properly, so it's going to be a single season.

I'd say it's for the best as 2-cour shows are more difficult to manage, and a mess up like this would have far more serious consequences. It'd also mean that each episode had to be tightened up and absolutely packed with content. And really it's the amount of content that breathes life into the show.
Maybe, maybe, but I get the feeling that, by the end of the 1-cour show, I'm not going to feel like they've given me enough of it. Unless something significantly changes, I'm going to still want more when this is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Is that Mako riding in that flying deathtrap helicopter?
It sure looks like her. I again salute her bravery: even knowing nothing about that specific model, I don't think you could get me to touch that thing with a ten-foot pole. It looks like it's going to fall to pieces in mid-air.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote