Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 10:38   Link #284
Midonin
Last Engage

KokoCo 02 - No Answer Is the Best Answer

I would've been totally cool if the reason for the body switching was left up in the air. Ambiguity can be a powerful storytelling device. But the answer Heartseed (is he alien? Animal? Vegetable? Mineral? Ghost? Don't tell me, this is the ambiguity I was talking about.) gave didn't answer all that much anyway. He's got as much of an explainable motivation as the wishing rock. For fun. And that's the same reason I watch this show, so I'm cool with it.

The whole toilet discussion was great. So Iori's not very keen on the yuri flags (but there's time), has learned to go standing up (which is a wonderful mental image, and very forward thinking of her) and can wax philisophical like nobody's business (which was cool.) Most of what I got from this episode was about Iori, but the revelation about Yui and her martial arts skills was also appreciated. I like this series, it's bringing up enough stuff to think about while also remaining lighthearted and at times, silly. (I refer again to the toilet conversation.) I can get behind that. Taichi/Himeko's blank stare at the end was a great way to leave things for the next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote